This one day course will look at the Stage demands for teaching mathematics. A refresher of Stage appropriate content for teachers moving between stages or an introduction to teachers new to S3.
- Important relevant stage syllabus outcomes – looking at what comes before and where we are going!
- Unpacking problem-solving strategies that demonstrate fluency in mathematical techniques.
- Build knowledge of staff in the mathematical terminology and conventions appropriate for Stage 3.
- Supporting students to understand and apply ‘real-life’ situations to problem-solving and working mathematically outcomes within Stage 3.
- Formative assessment examples in Mathematics
- The balance between formative and summative assessments to drive teaching and student groups.
- Differentiating content within the stage – differentiating using content, process and product for tasks.
- Backward mapping for planning rich learning tasks
- Simple classroom resources