Benefits Of Membership
Becoming a member of DEPA NSW holds great value. Benefits include but are not limited to the following aims and objectives which are to:
- Foster Teaching and Learning in Dance
- Promote quality dance teaching.
- Encourage effective student learning in dance.
- Share information on quality classroom practices.
- Develop networks of information on dance.
- Assist with Professional Development.
- Provide dance professional development courses.
- Encourage cooperation and understanding between teachers in various Key Learning Areas.
- Promote mutually beneficial activities between schools, tertiary institutions and others involved in dance.
- Provide dance professionals with a forum for discussion.
- Act as an Advocacy body
- Represent the Association’s views on dance education on various boards and committees.
- Make submissions on issues relating to dance in education to various organisations.
- Encourage links with state, national and international bodies with interests in dance as an art form in education.